Sunday, November 2, 2008

High Maintenance

So I've been accused by a colleague that I am high maintenance. Understand though, that he is the really open, friendly, type who didn't really think before he spoke, and when he realized too late what he said, he apologized profusely and said that was not what he MEANT. This same colleague this morning mentioned I'm motherly. Now, 3 weeks ago during Parent Conference, I was superficial, materialistic, but really he meant I dress well and am proud of my appearance, and suddenly today I'm frumpy, dowdy, and caring. Caring was what he MEANT. Since I'm both, I'm going to be superficial and talk about eye cream. Since hitting 39, I was in despair. For two years, I noticed bags, black eye circles, and puffiness. For two years, I've tried several eye cream, from RoC to Origins to my mother's Lauder, the "miraculous" brown-colored one. Finally, after extensive research, I've decided to splurge and went for Perricone's smelly chemical with DHEA and other deadly ingredients. After 4 weeks, there IS an improvement. I now need just a small dab of undereye concealer (M.A.C in honey) and I don't seem to be carrying a handbag under my eye anymore. The blackness is faded to a small area of gray. My wrinkles improved a bit only, but I'm already happy with the darkness. The pouches are reduced, and two frozen, pre-wet cotton pads left overnight and pressed against my eyes in the morning bring it down even more. Do all expensive things work? No. But there might be some truth to some of the pricier options somehow.

No comments: