Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lyn's anni party

I haven't been in here since my workshop - a lifetime ago it seems!  In the end, I don't have anything much to write about.  Not that nothing of importance happened, but they don't seem to worth my time.  Since this is basically for me, I am hoping that in 10 years' time, I will still remember things of significance and not rely on blogs.
However, last night was fun.  Today is CNY reunion dinner, Jan 25, 2009.  Yesterday we were invited to Lyn and Rob L 20th anniversary celebration at Vansh.  Wonderful Indian fusion food.  Arnaud tells me, quite correctly and very lovingly, that I shouldn't live in a cave, but I have had my mandatory 8 years of "party, self-inflicting harm years."  Now, with work, my home life is my sanctuary.  And I'm not good in public at all.  Though of course, I forgot the miracle of wine which loosens my tongue.  And thus, I had a wonderful night laughing, talking, and making connections to all and sundry. They booked the whole restaurant and filled it up, though 20 couples can't make it.  I rubbed shoulders with people from mostly the higher echelon.  But people were just happy for them, happy to celebrate, and happy to enjoy the festive atmosphere.  

2 comments:

がんこもん said...

This is really amazing, Ms. Tan! i felicitate you on your holidays and hope that your personal milestone is accompanied by a celebration (you have richly earned it, after all!)
you are an inspiration to all of us over-th-hill folks who have long since lost the joie de vivre that you still exhibit. Best wishes from this belated greeting!

Caroline Tan said...

When I reply here, do you read it? Or do I go into your blog to reply? I really must take time and experiment. I need to get my coffee now, so Happy Valentine's!!!