Friday, February 13, 2009

Hyperbole and Routine

No, he's not really ObaMessiah.  While his speeches are "stunning," "breathtaking," and all, let's not forget his speech writer.  Give credit where it's due.  I'm getting really really annoyed with all the praises and accolades for someone who hasn't done anything yet.  While I understand passion for an ideal, he is ultimately a man.  An individual whom I feel really sorry for.  He'll be crucified.

On to other things.

We've settled on Langkawi again for spring break.  Though spf 30 is sworn as the miracle of all times, I really need my dose of sun.  Working 9 hrs indoors, under fluorescent, in an air-con room 5 days a week probably has already wreaked havoc on my immune system.  I've become so paranoid that I constantly wash my hands, won't let any students near my computer, and Wipes my keyboard everytime I feel it may have been touched.  Three years ago when I got fever and flu 7 times in 10 months made me anal.  I admit it.

Speaking of anal, I think my son is more so than me.  If his Papa does a thing a little out of routine, or is just a little bit careless about being clean, he gets mad.  I admit, I must have passed that to him.  He might as well just marry a japanese woman and live in a bubble.  *sigh* 

As for food...he'll eat anything white.  White bread, white rice with a bit of salt, plain spaghetti with a bit of butter and salt.  Roast, salad, chicken in sauce, salmon in teriyaki, pizza with topping, hamburger, olives, mushrooms, spices...verboten.  How will he survive Malaysia Week in 2 years' time?

To my coffee now... Arnaud is in bed, wrapped like a mummy, reading The Asian Wall Street.  And I refuse to celebrate Valentine's.  I already know he loves and adores me.  AND... our 10th is coming up and we have commissioned a huge present already :)  2 carat ruby surrounded by 12 .085 diamonds.  Maybe I want another stay at the Fullerton this summer, if we aren't going to France.  I hate imposing ourselves on Tante Nicole.  

No comments: